Are you suffering from snoring, fatigue or sleep apnea?
Relief is here. Breathing conditions can be treated simultaneously, as they are often connected in some way or another. Once a medical respiratory professional has assessed your case and given you the proper equipment to stay healthy and breath normally throughout the night, there are a few ways to further improve your sleep apnea and snoring problems:
- Sleep on your side, as opposed to on your back
- Prop your head up on a few pillows so the neck and breathing passage is elevated.
- Try breathing strips or nasal cleansing products to keep the cavity clear.
- Make sure the CPAP mask you use fits snuggly and comfortably. Most therapists now offer unique and custom fit designs to ensure this.
- Try to clean the CPAP mask and tube regularly and thoroughly. You don’t want bacteria to gather there.
- Cover the machine or put it under the bed if the noise bothers you during the night.
A good night’s sleep is just a few steps away. Be proactive and take control of your sleep apnea and snoring issues today!
Snoring, fatigue and sleep apnea are problems that require immediate medical
evaluation and attention. A respiratory therapist is the first line of defense
against potentially serious cardiovascular issues directly attributed to
breathing problems during rest.
A respiratory therapist is a medical professional who specializes in
treating common breathing problems like sleep apnea and asthma. A therapist can
work either in the hospital or outside as a clinical provider. A sufferer from
a serious condition like sleep apnea must be treated and continuously monitored
by professionals in order to ensure the disease does not lead to further
complications in the future. Here are a few things to keep in mind when
searching for the best medical practitioner to help treat breathing problems:
- Is the location convenient? Are there a number
of satellite locations across the GTA?
the staff knowledgeable and friendly? Are they willing and capable to answer
all questions a patient may have about their condition?
references and referrals available upon request?
big is the selection of products? Does the clinic use reputable and successful
breathing machinery for home treatment?
the therapists certified and experienced professionals within the field?
- Is the most up-to-date research on hand to
discuss and help a patient find relief?